Saturday, January 21, 2012

Birthdays

Birthdays are really important to kindergarten kids. Last Friday morning, one of my students greeted me with, "Guess who is having a birthday today?" When I replied, "Santa Claus," he laughed and said that it was his mother's birthday. Now just like Art Linkletter used to do on his show, Kids Say the Darndest Things, I like to probe my students to just see what is going on in their heads. I asked him how old she was and he excitedly told me "Seventy-eight!" I got a good laugh out of this, visualizing his mom as a seventy-eight year old pregnant lady. Hope she doesn't read this and it cause her to go into early labor!

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! I'm really looking forward to hearing more of Kilpatrick's Kids Quotes. Your students are lucky to have a teacher with such a good sense of humor, too.

    ReplyDelete