Thursday, February 9, 2012

One Little Letter

We have been busy this week learning about blends. We have added "one little letter" to change words. We changed cap to clap, cab to crab, pot to spot, and we also changed several other words. This reminded me of one of my true and funny kindergarten stories. Our classroom is in one of the "open classroom pods" thanks to someone's bad idea back in the 70's. Thank goodness it is no longer open classrooms, but is four individual classrooms, however we have continued referring to it as the "pod". A few years ago as we were going through the lunch line, one of my male students gave me "the look and gesture" that he needed to go to the bathroom. When he told me this, I told him to go to the pod and use the bathroom. Well, at that time we also had a small decorative pond in the courtyard between the cafeteria and the pod building. I bet you are already guessing where this story is going! Imagine Mrs. Duke's surprise as she led her class down the sidewalk and saw one of my students urinating in the pond. When questioned the little boy said that Mrs. Kilpatrick told him to go to the pond and use the bathroom. This story is proof that "one little letter" can make a lot of difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment